Host your own event: Guidelines
Congratulations! All of us at Cancer Hope Network admire you for your support and commitment to raise funds to give the gift of hope to people living with cancer.
Please read the information on this page and then submit your application with information about your proposed event.
Once you have submitted the application, we will review it and do our best to contact you within 10 business days. Please do not move forward with your plans until we contact you to make certain we can work together most efficiently to benefit the cancer patients and families who need our help.
Here are a few more things to keep in mind about your fundraiser:
- Cancer Hope Network works with various corporate sponsors in connection with our programs and events. In order to ensure that there is no conflict with our sponsors and partners, it is important that you inform us of any potential event sponsors or underwriters for your event before you secure them.
- All publicity material related to the event must be reviewed and approved by Cancer Hope Network before it is produced or distributed. Materials should be submitted to Cancer Hope Network at least two weeks prior to release date.
- If you conduct an athletic or sporting event, you must require all participants to sign a waiver/release and must retain those waivers/releases for an agreed upon period of time following the event.
- You will be responsible for obtaining any necessary permits for your event and general liability insurance for your event. The following entities should be named as additional insured on the liability insurance for the event: Cancer Hope Network, 2 North Road, Suite A, Chester, NJ 07930.
- If you intend to serve alcohol at your event, you must be in compliance with all state and local regulations.
- All materials promoting your event should state the dollar amount or percentage of event proceeds that will be donated to Cancer Hope Network.
- Cancer Hope Network may be able to provide guidance for your event, but we are generally unable to provide logistical/administrative/operational assistance, and we cannot guarantee attendance of CHN staff or volunteers.
- Once your event is approved, please be prepared to provide all of the support necessary to organize and conduct the event, including committing all funds required for conducting the event.
- We are committed to protecting our donors’ and volunteers’ personal information. We do not rent or share mailing or email lists.
- You should also make best efforts to comply with the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards of Chart Accountability regarding cause-related marketing.
- By law, we are not permitted to share our tax-exempt ID number with other entities holding events for our benefit.
You should also make best efforts to comply with the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards of Chart Accountability regarding cause-related marketing.
|What is going to Cancer Hope Network||Language to use|
|ALL of the money raised from your event is going to Cancer Hope Network||100% of proceeds from this event benefit Cancer Hope Network.|
|If all the money minus your expenses on the event are going to Cancer Hope Network, you must state what portion of the money raised will go to Cancer Hope Network. (This also applies to contributing a specific percentage of event proceeds.)||Net proceeds from this event benefit Cancer Hope Network (It is important to create an event budget to estimate event revenues and expenses.)|
|If a specific dollar amount in the purchase of a product or event ticket is going to Cancer Hope Network, you must state the dollar amount.||Your purchase includes a $__ donation to Cancer Hope Network.|